Concordia achieves outstanding results at ABODA Festival 2020
Each year, Concordia participates in the Australian Band and Orchestra Directors Association (ABODA) Festival. Although the competition looked different in 2020, with student performances being recorded on video for judging rather than being performed live, Concordia was once again well represented. While we believe Music shouldn't be viewed as a competitive pursuit, the students understandably enjoy experiencing a sense of reward for their hard work. In a year in which many of the students' performances opportunities unfortunately had to be cancelled, we were delighted to achieve our best results in this competition to date, and we congratulate all of our student musicians and their directors for their efforts and achievements.
A summary of the results can be found below.
- St John’s Campus Concert Band, Directed by Mat Noble – Section Winner
- Concordia Campus Concert Band, Directed by Mat Noble – Section Winner
- Concordia Campus String Ensemble, Directed by Martin Butler – Section Winner (4th year in succession)
- Concordia Orchestra, Directed by Martin Butler – Section Winner
- Concordia Big Band 1, Directed by Adam Page – Gold Award
- Concordia Big Band 2, Directed by Robin Finlay – Silver Award
- Concordia Big Band 3, Directed by Tom Voss – Gold Award
- Concordia Wind Ensemble, Directed by Angelo Valdivia – Bronze Award
- Concordia Chamber Strings, Directed by Therese O’Brien – Silver Award
- Concordia Percussion Ensemble, Directed by Nick Parnell – Silver Award
- St John’s Campus Junior Strings, Directed by Karen De Nardi – Bronze Award
Well done to all involved in the ABODA Festival in 2020!