Future-focussed Building Begins Soon
Exciting plans are underway at both ends of the Concordia College Oval, with the Primary Campus set to undergo a major refurbishment, followed by the construction of a new College-wide gymnasium. The Primary Campus redevelopment is significant and will include:
- Learning spaces supporting high-quality learning programs with integration of new technologies and triple streaming across multiple year levels
- A multi-purpose, integrated indoor space for physical education, sporting practices/matches, Chapels/Assemblies and more
- Newly designed Early Learning facilities (from three years of age in 2023) and spaces that cater for the unique needs of our youngest learners.
Our new gymnasium is designed to meet the needs for wellbeing, mindfulness, sport and events. Features include:
- Two basketball courts
- Weights room
- Movement-to-Music performance room
- Meeting Room
- Satellite kitchen and café
- Sport viewing areas
It will be located where Highgate Lodge currently resides, which the College purchased in 2007 for the purpose of development in the future. As one College across ELC to Year 12, we aim to complete this build in early 2023 for the benefit of all students, staff and our community.
We look forward to an exciting future, while remaining true to our College motto, ‘Firm in Principle, Gentle in Manner.’
We would love you to join with us in supporting this project. To find out how you can help, please contact our Donor Relations Manager, Sue Spry.