Giving to Concordia
Christmas Giving 2020
Making learning extraordinary for everyone
Over the past 130 years, Concordia has experienced adversities, including the devastating effects of war, but nothing has ever extinguished the hope for a bright future. Concordia has navigated its way through the unknown and, with instilled belief in our College by so many, continues to thrive and be the extraordinary school it is today.
Through your support of Concordia’s students, both current and future, you are continuing a legacy that began 130 years ago, knowing education is our most important resource.
We sincerely thank you for your support in the past and encourage you to consider giving to significant projects across our entire College. The opportunities these projects create for students and the College are only possible with your continued support.
Wishing you a Christmas filled with the wonder of the birth of Christ, the warmth of the holiday spirit and the love of family and friends.
Paul Weinert and Michael Paech
St John's Campus
Capturing the voices of teachers, students and AV and distributing sound to every corner and area of a classroom is crucial to help children listen effectively.
St John’s Campus classrooms use sophisticated classroom sound systems to create a gentle and thorough listening experience for all students regardless of how far they are from sound sources. These systems assist students who have hearing impairment and other challenges, including processing disorders, as well as those who come from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. They also greatly reduce teacher voice strain.
Technology is ever-changing and St John’s Campus is hoping to update the systems in its classrooms through this Christmas Giving Appeal.
Reading is a passion and joy for many people, but in schools all over the world it is also a key to knowledge and growth for young people who learn to be creative, empathic, critical, focused and lovers of language.
Concordia College is working on plans to refurbish the room adjacent the Resource Centre (Yangadlitya Library) into a quiet reading hub. The room will be fitted with flexible reading nooks and areas for study so that it can function as a multipurpose quiet space alongside the larger, more active central library.
The Scholarship Program assists us to continue to support and transform the lives of many new and continuing students each year.
Your generosity will help provide for students who would benefit from learning at Concordia College, but cannot afford to do so without help.
We ask that you consider supporting either of the following scholarship funds:
- The Foundation Scholarship Fund supports students whose families are experiencing financial hardship and need help with fees or other expenses associated with attending Concordia.
- The Concordia Indigenous Scholarship Fund financially supports Indigenous students to attend Concordia.
- Help us to update the sound systems in our St John's Campus classrooms to ensure a gentle and thorough listening experience for all students, regardless of how far they are from sound sources. St John's Campus Classroom Sound
- Help us to create a multipurpose quiet space with flexible reading nooks alongside the larger, more active central library at the Concordia Campus. Concordia Campus Quiet Reading Hub
- Support a financially deserving student who might otherwise be unable to attend Concordia to access a quality Christian education The Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Help us provide for future students by leaving a gift in your will Bequests