The 26 Book Challenge is an extra-curricular opportunity available to any student within the school. The Challenge was devised by members of the 2022 Concordia College Book Council. This group of students from Years 8 to 12 are passionate about sharing their love for books. We aim to encourage students to read widely from a diverse range of genres, time periods and authors, and connect with a community of fellow book lovers within Concordia.
The Middle and Senior 26 Book Challenges extend over the course of the 2022 academic year. Students are encouraged to keep a record of all books read that meet the specific categories. To inspire students, there is a 26 Book Challenge display area in the library.
Here is a sample of some categories for 2022:
- A book with a question in the title, or the words Yes – No – Maybe
- Oliver Twist
- A Dickens, an Austin, a Bronte, an Orwell, an Allen Poe, or a Tolkien
- A book about social injustice
- A book that has been adapted for screen (television or film) in the last five years
- A book with a title longer than five words
- We are thrilled that over 100 students from Years 7 to 12 have signed up to attempt the challenge in 2022.
Enrichment and Extended Learning