2023 Music Ensemble Nominations are now Open
To nominate, complete this form no later than Monday 17 October 2022.
- Students who are currently in Years 7 to 11 will complete the form themselves, which they have all received via email.
- Please submit one form for each instrument on which you would like to audition, e.g. if you play violin and saxophone, you will need to fill in the form twice. If you play trumpet and want to audition for both a Concert Band and a Big Band, you fill in the form once.
- Students who are granted a position in an ensemble must complete an agreement following the audition process.
- All auditions will take place after school. The dates of these auditions are contained within the nomination form. Students will receive a reminder of dates if they nominate.
- Will receive excerpts specific to their instrument via email early in Term 4.
- At the audition students will be presented with sight-reading.
- Audition times will be communicated via email ASAP.
- Students who are granted a position in a Big Band must also participate in a Concert Band.
- Prepare one page of a piece of music they are currently working on which demonstrates their true ability.
- Sight-reading and scales will be asked based on the demonstrated level of proficiency in the audition piece.
- Year level choirs will commence in Term 2, 2023. Auditions are not necessary.
- Mattson or McKenzie Jazz Choir auditions take place in Term 4 for students in Year 8 (in 2023) and above.
- Students who are members of a Jazz Choir must also participate in a year level choir (Year 7 & 8 Choir, Year 9 Choir or Senior Choir).
Director of Music