1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia College?
I have worked in a range of schooling environments, from ELC through to disengaged high schoolers. The school before this was a small Christian school in Port Adelaide. I applied for the job at Concordia because have always dreamed of working in a PYP school. I love the inquiry approach and love the philosophy of it. Concordia is also much closer to home.
2. Three words to describe you.
Kind, silly, enthusiastic.
3. What is your motivation or inspiration in your role?
The students. When I spend time with them, their joy and laughter inspire me to be more playful and to find the joy in life. When they have little “aha” moments, where the work just clicks, it inspires me to keep working hard. When I see them trying so hard but not quite getting it, it inspires me to learn a new way of teaching it.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Invisibility… or the ability to freeze time, so that I am outside of time. As a teacher, this would be amazing!
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
I am thinking “anything is possible” in my answers.
- The Queen
- My husband
- Hamish Blake
- Andy Lee
- Francine Rivers