1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia College?
Prior to Concordia I taught at Cornerstone College at Mount Barker. Previously, I did some relief teaching at Concordia and immediately felt welcomed by the entire community. When the opportunity came up in 2023 it was an obvious choice to take up the opportunity and reconnect on a more regular basis.
2. Three words to describe you.
Authentic, analytical, loyal.
3. What is your motivation or inspiration in your role?
My motivation is to prepare students for life beyond the classroom. Not all students in my English classroom will be the next Hemingway, Orwell, or Rowling, but all students should have the opportunity to explore their capacity to make meaningful contributions to society, leaving a positive impact that resonates long after their schooling has ended.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Being able to use a remote control on real life would be great! I could fast-forward my marking, pause the day to have a nap between classes (I’m a father of three) and of course mute students (well at least turn down the volume) in the classroom, if needed.
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
- Dave Grohl - to ask him the secret of how to become cool beyond the age of 50.
- Tim Bergling (Avicii) - to tell him how much his music has meant to me and the world.
- Kobe Bryant - for guidance on how to become a great father with a pro-level jump shot.
- Mark Wahlberg - to see if I have what it takes to be part of the Funky Bunch reboot.
- J.K. Rowling - to turn my writing into the next million-dollar idea.
- Will Smith - to see if his mum got scared after his one little fight with Chris Rock.