1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia College?
I worked at St Dominic’s Priory College, North Adelaide, and before that I was a Senior Curriculum and Assessment Officer at the SACE Board. I was ready for a new challenge, one which allowed me to use my SACE knowledge and experience, and passion for learning and teaching. I am excited at the opportunity to be involved in the leadership of the high-quality learning and teaching for which Concordia is known.
2. Three words to describe you.
Dedicated, hardworking, passionate.
3. What is your motivation or inspiration in your role?
The students are my motivation. Ensuring their learning experiences support them to achieve their full potential drives me to do my best.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
The ability to stop time! This would give me the time to really get to know the staff and students, including students whom I do not teach directly. Knowing the students well helps me to support and guide them in the decisions they make, particularly in their Senior School years.
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
I have always been a big sports fan, from my swimming days as a teenager to rowing at uni, and now attempting to run a marathon.