1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia College?
For the past four years, I was teaching in various year levels and coordinating the Yilki House at Encounter Lutheran College. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Encounter, further developing my love of authentic, inquiry-based teaching and learning. I was ready for my next challenge and was drawn to Concordia as a highly regarded school with an emphasis on innovative teaching and learning.
2. Three words to describe you.
Passionate, curious, perseverant.
3. What is your motivation or inspiration in your role?
The students. Relationships are at the core of everything we do as people working with children, and I am inspired daily by the minds and actions of our students at Concordia College. They are inquisitive, caring, reflective and incredibly open-minded. They inspire me to think deeply and wonder more. This is what learning is all about! I am also very fortunate to have had some wonderful teachers who inspired me to adopt little pieces of their practice and be the best I can be for our students’ learning, development and wellbeing.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
As a keen scuba diver, I’d love the ability to breathe underwater! It would save lugging around all the heavy gear and allow me to explore more of the incredible underwater world.
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
- Dolores O’Riordan: What an incredible voice! I grew up listening to The Cranberries and some of my earliest memories are singing and dancing to their music. I would have loved to see Dolores live.
- Dr Seuss: For obvious reasons - his creative mind and simple, yet powerful messages and writing craft.
- Yusra Mardini: I only learnt about Yusra’s story this year and think she is an incredibly resilient and compassionate person.
- My Puppa, John (Pom): He always made me laugh, even in sad times, with his ridiculous stories. I miss him very much.
- My brother, Sam. He lives interstate and we don’t see each other nearly enough.
- My partner, Tom. He makes every day a good day.