1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia College?
Before I joined Concordia College I worked in the corporate finance world as a Finance Officer. I then started studying about disability which made me fall in love with supporting people in the community and improving people’s lives. When I did my placement at a Specialist school, really loved helping the students. The more I spent time helping them the more certain I felt that I had found my true passion. Spending time with students is so rewarding and meaningful to me. That is what drives me to get up early in the morning - doing something that really motivates me. At Concordia, I feel that I have found a school with values, like my own, that encourage me to work with an open heart.
2. Three words to describe you.
Outgoing, caring, grateful.
3. What is your motivation or inspiration in your role?
My motivation is definitely the students! They are the main reason that my role is so rewarding and interesting every day. I love that I get to help a different student with a different story each day. I love that with every story I get the opportunity to make a difference in their lives, which for me is the most exciting part of my day at school.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
My superpower would be to teleport to a different place in a blink of an eye.
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
I would invite my family from Brazil, including my best friend.