1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia College?
Before joining Concordia College, I studied a Bachelor of Arts majoring in English and German, with a Diploma of Languages in Spanish. I then did a Masters of Primary Teaching, and did my final teaching placement at Concordia in Term 3 of 2022. I got to know the Concordia community well throughout this time and loved how welcoming the students, staff and parents were, and was excited to join the Year 1 team in 2023. I knew it would be a supportive environment in which to begin my teaching career!
2. Three words to describe you.
Creative, loyal, enthusiastic.
3. What is your motivation or inspiration in your role?
I am motivated and inspired by the students I teach, especially as I see them growing, learning and changing, and becoming more responsible and empathetic in their interactions with others.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I think it would be amazing to be able to speak and understand every language. I love languages and think it would be a great superpower to be able to communicate with people from all countries. Understanding languages allows you to travel and immerse yourself in culture, which is amazing!
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
Something that you wouldn’t know about me is that I have lived and studied in both Germany and the USA. If I were to have a dinner party of six guests I would invite my six closest friends, as I always enjoy spending time with them and they make me feel calm, relaxed and recharged.