1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia College?
I was an Inclusive Education teacher at a school in the western suburbs. I was a bit ‘burnt out’ and I always enjoy teaching performing arts so this was an exciting opportunity.
2. Describe yourself in three words.
Fun, passionate, kind.
3. What motivates/inspires you in your role?
I have always loved working with and empowering young people. I believe they are our future and if I can make a tiny difference then I feel I have done my job. I have done several different teaching roles in my career, but I always seem to come back to the performing arts. This inspires me the most because I see children and young people grow when they take some risks and realise they have achieved. What keeps me motivated or inspired is when students sit up a bit taller or smile proudly when they get applause or positive feedback from me about their performance.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I’m very good at ‘reading’ people - so ‘super empathy’.
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
I lived in Hamburg (Germany) for a year and taught (at a bilingual school) several famous soccer players' children! I had no idea who they were at first as I follow AFL and was very clueless!