1. Where were you before this and what persuaded you to join Concordia?
Before Concordia I was teaching in the APY (Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara) Lands in a small, remote Indigenous community called Indulkana, four hours from Alice Springs. I worked in Inclusive Education, helping children with social emotional well-being, literacy workshops and maths intervention. I joined Concordia as I was ready for something new! I had one relief day last year in the junior primary and... I've never left.
2. Three words to describe you.
Fun, supportive, passionate.
3. What is your motivation or inspiration in your role?
My motivation and inspiration in my role comes down to the children I work with. Watching them develop, grow and build resilience keeps me motivated.
4. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
To get rid of winter - seasonal depression is a real thing!
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party of six guests and why? Alternatively, tell us something you might like to share that we could not possibly know?
I would invite my six closest friends. My favourite thing to do is spend time with my friends. Oh, and maybe Harry Styles can come too...