Welcome to the new school year. It has been great to meet new families and students and welcome you all to Concordia College.
This year, we also welcome Shelley Badenoch as she resumes her role as an Inclusive Learning teacher for Numeracy and Science and the Inclusive Learning Team continue our previous roles from 2023.
Inclusive Learning Team
- Danielle Nak – Inclusive Learning Coordinator (Leadership, coordination and support)
- Emma Rieger – Extension and Enrichment for Years 7-12
- Alva Barton – Year 7 and 8 Inclusive Learning Teacher
- Lauren Bone – Year 9 and 10 Inclusive Learning Teacher
- Danielle Nak – Year 11 and 12 Inclusive Learning Teacher
- Shelley Badenoch – Numeracy and Science Inclusive Learning Teacher
- Sian Lloyd – Learning Support Officer
Specific Student Support
This year we are committed to further developing and improving our inclusive practice to support the varied needs of all students. We passionately believe that students experience inclusive education when they can access and fully participate in learning, alongside their similar-aged peers, supported by reasonable adjustments and teaching strategies tailored to meet their individual needs.
The Inclusive Learning teacher's key role is to support the classroom teacher in enabling students with learning needs to access and participate in the curriculum on the same basis as their similar-aged peers. We consult with parents, classroom teachers and therapists to ensure the educational priorities for students with disability are met. We assist teachers in the provision of resources, create differentiated curriculum plans, and share strategies to enable teachers to work effectively with students with identified needs. We also engage with students to ensure their learning needs are met, to create Student Support Plans (SSPs) and provide additional intervention in collaboration with their class teacher.
Throughout Term 4 of 2023, Inclusive Learning teachers facilitated Student Support Plan review meetings. Students who have an identified learning difficulty/disability, and their parent/carers, were invited to attend to review key learning goals and discuss any specific support needs. New Year 7s were also invited as an introductory meeting to formalise their Student Support Plans. These SSPs were updated and shared with the students' teachers to allow them to plan for and implement these adjustments for their education.
This term, our priorities are to:
- Share information and support teachers to identify student needs and adjustments
- Support new students to transition to the school
- Identify and timetable in class support
- Consult and collaborate with parents/caregivers regarding required Student Support Plans
- Collaborate and work with teachers to plan, implement and differentiate curriculum
The Inclusive Learning teachers will be in contact within the coming weeks to schedule support meetings for students with identified learning needs within their year levels of responsibility. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s learning needs, please contact the Inclusive Learning teacher for your child's year level.
We look forward to working in partnership with you and your child to ensure successful learning outcomes.
Inclusive Learning Coordinator (Years 7-12)