Concordia College values and actively supports the involvement of volunteers in the many and various aspects of College life. Your interests and talents contribute positively to the Concordia community.
We are committed to ensuring that any volunteers who support the College are able to work in a safe environment and in a manner that maintains the safety and wellbeing of volunteers, students and staff members.
- Working with Children Check (WWCC) valid for five years
- Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN-EC) valid for three years (Link to PLINK website – Non-Department for Education staff login where volunteers access online fundamental course)
- Acknowledgement of Volunteer Code of Conduct – through the College SINE system when entering College. All volunteers are to sign into School Office/Reception as “Volunteer” and must be wearing a Visitor Badge.
From 2024 all Direct Contact Volunteers are also required to complete:
- Valuing Safe Communities training valid for three years
A Direct Contact Volunteer is a volunteer that provides support, guidance and supervision directly to students. This includes providing support on school excursions and in classrooms.
Details of these checks are to be advised by email to St John’s Campus - firstname.lastname@example.org, St Peters Campus – email@example.com and Concordia Campus - firstname.lastname@example.org
An Indirect Contact Volunteer is a volunteer that does not provide support, guidance and supervision directly to students and volunteers. This includes providing support for Parent and Friends functions.
Concordia College requires all Indirect Contact Volunteers (including parents) to have the following:
- A record that you have completed induction training
- Acknowledgement of the Volunteer Code of Conduct
Concordia College is committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers whilst carrying out their volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by us. The following insurances are in place:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Statutory Liability – WHS Insurance
Vaccination Requirements – as Per COVID Vaccination policy updated 1/1/2023
Concordia College strongly encourages all volunteers to maintain an up-to-date vaccination status against COVID-19, with a COVID-19 vaccine that has been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Manager of Risk and Operations