The following information has been provided to us by groups external to the College:
- Volleyball SA Summer Holiday Clinics for young people aged 8 to 13. Download flyer for details.
- The Rotary Club of Mitcham is having a half price sale throughout the month of December. View the flyer for more details.
- Helen Rice Tennis School Oz Open Grand Slam Clinics are running in December and January. Click for more information.
- Wilderness Escape Outdoor Adventures, SA's largest and trusted Outdoor Education provider, are running December and January school holiday programs. Click for more information and to register.
- VACSWIM summer programs are running at over 130 locations in December and January. Visit their website for more information.
- Boys DANCE 19 & DANCE 19 Summer School in January 2019
- Dressage SA Interschool Competition information for 2019
- Tiger Tennis Clinics at Kensington Gardens for children aged 4-14 years, 17 to 20 December 2018.
- YMCA Summer Holiday Camp: 8-13 y/o, Monday 14 to Wednesday 16 January 2019 or 13-16 y/o, Wednesday 16 to Friday 18 January 2019 (download flyer) | YMCA Mega Fun Day at Mega Adventure Park, West Beach: 8-12 y/o, Tuesday 18 December or 13-16 y/o, Wednesday 19 December (download flyer).
- SANFL and SACA inaugural girls footy and cricket holiday program for 8-16 year olds on Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 January 2019 (download flyer).
- Volleyball SA Summer Holiday Clinics at Brighton, City Beach, Victor Harbor and Glenelg (download flyer).
- Diary Dates
- Upcoming Events
- Christmas… Where Love comes to Life
- Sheltered Walkway Project
- The School Shop
- Old Concordians Soccer Club
- Public Notices & Events
To download a Term 4 Fridge Notes calendar for each campus, click the links below. Fridge Notes can also be accessed via the 'More' tab within the School Star app.
St John's Campus
|Friday 7||Year 6 Graduation Dinner|
|Wednesday 12||Term 4 ends|
|Wednesday 12||Closing Service|
|Monday 28||Australia Day Public Holiday|
|Wednesday 30||Term 1 starts|
|Friday 7||Swimming Carnival|
|Monday 10||Carols Service 7pm|
|Sun 9 - Fri 14||Melbourne Volleyball Championship|
|Wednesday 12||Term 4 ends 12 noon|
|Monday 28||Australia Day Public Holiday|
|Wednesday 30||Term 1 starts - Orientation Day|
|Thursday 31||Commencement Service|
|Thursday 31||Year 7-11 Parent Information Evening|
Year 6 Graduation Dinner
The Year 6 Graduation Dinner on Friday, 7 December will be a wonderful opportunity for students to reflect on their time at Primary School and to farewell their teachers as they prepare to transition to Middle School in 2019. Information has been sent to Year 6 families and we are looking forward to a great night!
Join us as we celebrate the advent season at the annual Carols Service on Monday, 10 December from 7pm, featuring our talented Music students. All welcome!
St John's Campus Closing Service
The St John's Campus Closing Service will formally mark the end of the 2018 school year for primary students and will be held in the Chapel at Concordia Campus, beginning at 7pm on Wednesday, 12 December. Please note, this is a Year 1 to Year 6 event.
Save the Date - Concordia Gala Ball 2019
Please save the date for the Concordia College Gala Ball 2019:
Saturday 2 November 2019, 7pm
Panorama Ballroom, Adelaide Convention Centre
You may have seen a new addition to the Concordia College sign on the corner of Cheltenham and Balmoral Streets, outside the Chapel. A large nativity scene has been installed by St John’s Lutheran Church. St John’s have the same nativity scene located outside the Church, on the corner of Marlborough and Balmoral Streets.
Lit up at night, these scenes reflect the real meaning of Christmas: the good news of the birth of Jesus Christ. Christmas really is where God’s love comes to life.
Thanks to Mitre 10 Malvern for their generous sponsorship and to the builders, David Modra, Mark Borgas and Rhys de Dezsery.
St John’s Lutheran Church welcomes you all to celebrate Christmas at these services:
- Advent Carols – Sunday 16 December 8pm at the Concordia Chapel | Download Flyer
- Christmas Eve – Monday 24 December 7pm at the Concordia Chapel | Download Flyer
- Christmas Day – Tuesday 25 December, 8am at St John’s Church, and 9.30am at the Concordia Chapel | Download Flyer
Work has now commenced on the construction of a sheltered walkway in the shared community sport zone between the two Concordia campuses, along the edge of the oval and tennis courts.
It is hoped that this project, which has the support of the Government of South Australia, will be completed in the December/January holiday break.
We look forward to students, parents and community members benefiting from the upgrade once the construction is completed next year.
Business Manager - St John's Campus
Business Manager - Concordia Campus
The School Shop is now closed for 2018 and will re-open for during the holidays at the times listed below, beginning on Wednesday 23 January, 2019.
Holiday Opening Hours
The School Shop will be open in the January 2019 holidays as follows:
- Wednesday 23 January: 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Thursday 24 January: 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Tuesday 29 January: 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Wednesday 30 January: 8.00am – 4.00pm Day 1 Term 1
Normal hours resume:
- Thursday 31 January: 12:30 – 5.30pm
Opening Hours – Term Time
- Mondays: 8.00am – 4.00pm
- Wednesdays: 12.30pm – 4.00pm
- Thursdays: 12.30pm – 5.30pm
The School Shop staff can be contacted on the direct telephone line during opening hours – 8291 9302.
Second Hand Clothing
Old Logo – Uniforms with the old school logo are no longer saleable in The School Shop but can be dropped off for donation.
We are accepting second hand uniforms for sale in The School Shop. All items must be washed, ironed and in a good condition. Blazers and winter skirts must be dry cleaned and summer hats cleaned. Any uniform items in need of repair eg broken zips, seams unstitched, missing buttons etc, must be repaired prior to acceptance for sale. Buttons are sold in The School Shop.Back to top
The Old Concordians Soccer Club will be commencing its inaugural season in 2019. We are looking to enter two teams into the Collegiate Soccer League, with games to be played on Saturday lunchtime/afternoon. The season begins in early April and runs through till September, with pre-season being held in early 2019. The Old Concordians Soccer Club will be a great way to continue playing soccer whilst also maintaining connection with your peers after graduating from the College. Old Concordians of any ability are welcome. If you are interested or have any questions, please email Club President Cameron Basnec (Class of 2015).Back to top