The 2022 SA School Immunisation Program will be offered at your school by Eastern Health Authority (EHA) on Tuesday 15 March 2022.
All Year 8 students will be offered:
- 2 doses of the human papillomavirus vaccine, Gardasil®9 at 2 separate visits.
- 1 dose of the diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough vaccine, Boostrix®
Further information and videos for high school students are available online (click to view).
Immunisation consent packs were sent home with all Year 8 students at the beginning of the year. If you did not receive an Immunisation Consent pack from your child, please ask at the SSO. All parents / legal guardians are to complete, sign and return the Consent Cards, even if you do not consent for the student to be vaccinated at school. Students aged 16 years and above can consent for themselves.
SA Health advises that students who may be receiving a COVID-19 vaccine have a minimum interval of 7 days between receiving a COVID-19 vaccine and any other vaccine. Therefore, if your child has either had a COVID-19 vaccination OR is booked for a COVID-19 vaccination 7 days prior or 7 days after our school visit, school immunisations will need to be rescheduled. Please contact EHA on 8132 3600 to discuss.
Please notify EHA if:
- Your child has already started the above program with another provider
- You wish to withdraw your consent
- Your child’s medical condition has changed
- Your child is due to have or has had a COVID-19 vaccine in the last/next 7 days.
Tips for the day of immunisation:
- Encourage your child to have a good breakfast and recess on the morning of immunisations
- Wear sports uniforms to aid easy access to the upper arm and avoid unnecessarily exposing yourself if clothing needs to be removed/undone
- Encourage your child to keep their arms moving and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
If you have any further questions about the program, please directly contact Eastern Health Authority on 8132 3600 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: it is your responsibility to notify EHA of any changes or information, particularly in relation to your child’s medical condition, on the day of immunisation or prior. A signed and dated note in your child’s diary from a parent or guardian presented on the day is acceptable.
School Immunisation Program records may be required for future employment or travel.