Our 2023 Book Council members are delighted to present this year’s 26 Book Challenge. All students in Years 7–12, and staff, are invited to take on our This, That or Both Challenge. Students can sign up in the library, as well as collect a paper copy of the sign-up form. To see a digital copy as well as to download a reading record sheet, students can visit this site.
The aim of the 26 Book Challenge is to encourage students to read widely from a diverse range of genres, time periods and authors, and connect with a community of fellow book lovers within Concordia. The Challenge extends over the course of the 2023 academic year. Students are encouraged to keep a record of all books read that meet the specific categories.
A few categories for 2023:
- A book with a weather-associated word in its title (e.g. snow, summer, rain, fire)
- A book you read entirely outside, or outside of your comfort zone
- A book you judged by its cover
- A book in which the protagonist is at school / about a memorable teacher
- A book set in a location you would like to visit (fictional or real life)
- A book you buy for under $4 or obtain by swapping
- A book recommended by a teacher of your favourite subject
Watch out for displays in the library to help you along your way. If you have questions about the 2023 26 Book Challenge, chat with Emma Rieger or one of our friendly library staff.
Enrichment and Extended Learning