Immunisation Information for Parents/Legal Guardians of Year 10 Students
The SA 2023 School Immunisation Program will be delivered by Eastern Health Authority (EHA) on Friday 19 May.
All Year 10 students will be offered:
- 2 doses of the meningococcal B vaccine, Bexsero® at 2 separate visits (2 months apart)
- 1 dose of the meningococcal ACWY vaccine, Nimenrix®
Further information and videos for high school students are available at:
Immunisation Consent packs were given out at the beginning of the school year with information about the vaccines on offer. It is important that you have read the information supplied in the packs before you give consent for your child to be vaccinated at school. If you did not receive an Immunisation Consent pack from your child, please ask at the school office.
Please notify EHA if:
- Your child has already started the above program with another provider
- You wish to withdraw your consent
- Your child’s medical condition has changed
Tips for the day of immunisation:
- Encourage your child to have a good breakfast and recess on the morning of immunisations
- Wear sports uniforms to aid easy access to the upper arm and avoid unnecessarily exposing yourself if clothing needs to be removed/undone
- Encourage your child to keep their arms moving and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
If you have any further questions about the program, please directly contact Eastern Health Authority on 8132 3600 or via email at email@example.com
Remember: it is your responsibility to notify EHA of any changes or information, particularly in relation to your child’s medical condition. A signed and dated note in your child’s diary from a parent or guardian presented on the day is acceptable.
School Immunisation Program records will be available on MyGov within 24 hours of the school visit.
Claudia Ferri de Lima
Student Services Officer