Immunisation information for parents/legal guardians of Year 10 students
Eastern Health Authority (EHA) will be returning to Concordia for the final immunisation visit on Friday 25 August, 2023.
- 2nd dose of the Meningococcal B (Bexsero) vaccine
A reminder to parents: Students in year 10 are offered two free vaccines two months apart to be fully vaccinated against Meningococcal B. It is important that your child is present at school on the day when EHA will be providing second doses.
** If your child was absent for the first dose two months ago and hasn’t been vaccinated (at an EHA clinic or the GP) they can receive the first dose at the second visit.
Please notify EHA if:
- Your child has already received the 2nd dose with another provider
- You wish to withdraw your consent
- Your child’s medical condition has changed
Tips for the day of immunisation:
- Encourage your child to have a good breakfast and recess on the morning of immunisations
- Wear sports uniforms to aid easy access to the upper arm and avoid unnecessarily exposing yourself if clothing needs to be removed/undone
- Encourage your child to keep their arms moving and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
If you have any further questions about the program, please directly contact Eastern Health Authority on 8132 3600 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is your responsibility to notify EHA of any changes or information, particularly in relation to your child’s medical condition, A signed and dated note in your child’s diary from a parent or guardian presented on the day is acceptable.
School Immunisation Program records will be available on MyGov within 24 hours of the school visit.