The Club Remembrance Day Lunch
Incorporating the 4th Annual “Johanna Lunch”
Saturday, 11 November 2023 – Naval, Military and Air Force Club of SA
On this solemn day, join Club members and guests as we pay tribute to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the defence of the nation. In keeping with the youth engagement theme from previous lunches, students, teachers and parents from Concordia College will be representing their school at the service and lunch. Serving members from RAAF Base Edinburgh and Keswick Barracks will be in attendance to pay their respects, reflect on their own service, and share their experiences with Club members and young attendees.
MC, SQNLDR Ash Wright will explain why the Air Force membership call this particular event "The Johanna Lunch", and why the attendees are part of a growing Club tradition that will be an important link to the past in the year 2121.
The lunch will be an informal affair with families strongly encouraged to attend. Guests can order drinks at the Members' Bar after the Remembrance Day Service and prior to a 1200h-sharp serving of lunch in the Colonel Downes Dining Room.
The Club hopes to see you at what is becoming a popular annual function that brings the next generation into the Club.
- Time: Seated by 1150h for a 1200h meal service.
- Price: $49 (includes a two-course meal, tea, coffee & Club chocolates, drinks at guests' expense) $20 for Under 15 meal - battered fish, chips and salad (kids' size) + surprise dessert. A small TryBooking fee also applies for non-Club members.
- Dress: Either Service Dress, jacket and tie or very smart casual with medals (if entitled). Family of veterans are welcome to wear relatives' medals on their right chest as well.
- Location: Naval, Military and Air Force Club of SA – 111 Hutt St, Adelaide
- RSVP: via the button below by 5pm, Wednesday 8 November 2023